- B.S., Accounting, Arizona State University – Tempe, Arizona
- Certified Public Accountant
- AICPA Intermediate Single Audit Certificate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- MN Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Minnesota Multi Housing Association (MMHA)
- Affordable Housing Association of Certified Public Accountants (AHACPA)
Tiffany Shermak joined Boyum Barenscheer in 2014. Her background includes public accounting at a Big Four global firm, local firms and accounting and controller roles in industry. It is through her varied background that Tiffany enjoys and is able to meet her clients’ needs. Tiffany’s primary focus is servicing affordable housing and nonprofit clients, particularly in the regulatory environments, including HUD and Rural Development. As a volunteer, Tiffany serves the Bloomington School District in a variety of roles, one of which is serving on the District’s Community Financial Advisory Committee.
She is also a Board member of the Education Foundation of Bloomington, has served as Treasurer for the Bloomington Fastpitch Association and is involved with her church. When not at the office or volunteering, Tiffany enjoys traveling with her family and spending time at her children’s activities. There also might be a time or two that she ventures onto the volleyball court, hits the trails for a run or dives into the pool for some laps to stay active! Tiffany and her husband Bill live in Bloomington with their three children.