The Minnesota Department of Revenue has introduced an online platform to assist taxpayers in updating their address or bank details to ensure they receive a rebate check during the upcoming fall season.
This is not an application to receive the rebate
Complete this form only if you’re eligible for the one-time tax rebate and your address or bank information have changed since filing your 2021 income tax return or property tax refund. This form will be available July 10-28, 2023.
Recipients do not apply for this payment. The Minnesota Department of Revenue will use your 2021 returns to determine who is eligible and issue payments.
Deadline for Updating Your Information
You must submit any updates to your address or banking information by 5:00 pm CST July 28, 2023.
Who is Eligible for the Rebate
You are eligible if you meet all the following requirements:
- You were a Minnesota resident for part or all of 2021
- You filed one of the following returns by December 31, 2022:
– 2021 Form M1, Minnesota Individual Income Tax
– 2021 Form M1PR, Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter’s Property Tax Refund
- You had a reported 2021 adjusted gross income of $150,000 or less for married joint filers, or $75,000 or less for all other filers
- You were not claimed as a dependent on someone else’s 2021 Minnesota income tax return
Taxpayers who died before January 1, 2023, are not eligible for the rebate.
For more information, visit the Direct Tax Rebate Payments page.